Supermarket wins at IGA Awards of Excellence
IGA Mt Cotton, SUPA IGA Atherton and IGA X-press Bowen Hills were recognised with IGA Store of the Year, SUPA IGA Store of the Year and IGA X-press Store of the Year.
The award giving body represents the highest example of retail excellence and demonstrated the store’s ability to grow in challenging competition-driven environments. Keenly contested between the stores in Queensland and Northern NSW, the awards are a chance to formally recognise and celebrate the achievements of independent retailers.
Apart from the supermarket, the event also recognised the team who work in the stores and set the benchmark for other IGA supermarkets across the retail network.
Queensland general manager of Metcash Supermarkets Richard Hinson and chair of IGA Queensland Retail Council, Tyrone Jones, presented the awards to the store teams.
“We’re proud to support independent supermarkets across the State that deliver a great retail experience to our local community. We acknowledge the hard work and commitment our stores have demonstrated throughout the year across all categories awarded tonight,” Hinson commented.
“Congratulations to IGA Mt Cotton, SUPA IGA Atherton and IGA X-press Bowen Hills for being recognised as leaders in independent retailing. These stores and their teams represent retail excellence for going above and beyond to demonstrate excellence in teamwork, customer service and quality in their respective store offerings.”
IGA Awards of Excellence list of winners:
Whites SUPA IGA Bli Bli
- SUPA IGA Delicatessen Department of the Year Award – second year running
- SUPA IGA Dairy/Freezer Department of the Year Award – second year running
- IGA Community Award
IGA Mt Cotton
- IGA store of the Year
- IGA Dairy/Freezer Department of the Year Award
- IGA Meat Department of the Year
IGA North Buderim
- IGA Delicatessen Department of the Year Award
- IGA Fresh Produce Department of the Year Award
SUPA IGA Atherton
- SUPA IGA Store of the Year
- SUPA IGA Meat Department of the Year Award
- SUPA IGA Fresh Produce Department of the Year Award
IGA Marketplace Wises Road
- IGA Bakery Department of the Year Award
- IGA Service Award of the Year
- IGA X-press Bowen Hills: Store of the Year
- IGA Beewah: IGA Grocery and General Merchandise Department of the Year Award
- SUPA IGA Tully: SUPA IGA Grocery and General Merchandise Department of the Year Award
- Ritchies SUPA IGA Boonah: IGA Retail Transformation and Innovation Award
- Drakes SUPA IGA Glenmore: SUPA IGA Bakery Department of the Year Award
- Simon Tanti, Drakes SUPA IGA Rochdale: Team Member/ Rising Star
The State based winners now go on to compete against IGA stores across the country in the IGA National Awards to be announced in July 2017 in Queensland.