Woolworths launches new Seniors Card
The supermarket giant has launched an exclusive partnership agreement with the NSW Government.
“At Woolworths, we understand that seniors spend a large portion of their budgets on grocery shopping and place a high importance on value, and we know that small savings can make a real difference,” said Woolworths chief customer transformation officer Natalie Davis.
“On average a Senior customer would spend approximately $90 a week on groceries. As part of this partnership between Woolworths and the NSW Government, they could save on average $200 a year, simply by using their NSW Seniors Card to buy WISH eGift cards to pay for their shopping.”
The supermarket giant will provide eligible NSW Seniors Card holders savings on Woolworths eGift cards and mid-week online grocery delivery services, as well as special deals on insurance and mobile products. Senior citizens can avail 25 per cent discount off their mid-week grocery delivery saver pass.
“At Woolworths, we listen to our customers and adapt our offer to ensure we are meeting their expectations and needs. Our seniors customers told us that many of them were struggling with heavy and bulky grocery items,” said Davis.
“They also told us they often preferred to shop Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We listened and created a discount on our mid-week delivery saver with this group in mind. Seniors customers can order their groceries online, we will pick them in-store, deliver them to their home and even carry them into their kitchen if they like.”
“The NSW Government is delighted to partner with Woolworths to deliver discounts to Seniors Card holders across the state. We know for people living on fixed incomes, every dollar counts. At the 2015 election we committed to delivering discounted home delivery, and I’m proud to say we’ve also delivered a bundle of other discounts to drive down the cost of living for seniors, a first for NSW,” said Tanya Davies MP, minister for Ageing.
NSW Senior Card holders will be able to offers through the NSW Seniors Card website at www.seniorscard.nsw.gov.au from 16 October 2017 including:
- 5 per cent discount on WISH eGift cards that can be redeemed online or at Woolworths stores, BIG W, BWS, Dan Murphy’s and Cellarmasters
- 25 per cent off mid-week online grocery Delivery Saver Pass (unlimited deliveries for orders over $100)
- 3 Months Midweek Delivery Saver Pass for only $30, a saving of $10 off from regular $40 (equals $10 a month)
- 12 Months Midweek Delivery Saver Pass for $59, a saving of $20 off from regular $79 (equals $4.91 a month)
- A $50 gift card with the purchase of a Woolworths Insurance product
- Telco – Great mobile offers on both pre and postpaid