Tesco fraud trial halted by heart attack
Carl Rogberg, 51, Tesco’s former UK finance director; Christopher Bush, 52 the former managing director of Tesco UK and John Scouler, 49, the former UK food commercial director, had all denied any wrongdoing.
The case had been nearing a conclusion but the jury of seven men and four women at Southwark Crown Court were told that the case had been halted after Rogberg was admitted to hospital last week.
Judge Deborah Taylor had told the jury on Monday that it would not be right and proper to continue with the trial, which had been running since September 29 last year. She lifted a restriction on reporting the jury discharge on Tuesday. Prosecutors must now decide whether to pursue a new trial, with a decision due on March 2.