Treasury Wine Estates, Complexica partner for Artificial Intelligence software
Liquor giant Treasury Wine Estates has signed a contract with the artificial intelligence software Complexica Pty Ltd for the deployment of its What-if Simulator & Optimiser, powered by Larry, the Digital Analyst.
The software company said in a statement the new technology will allow Treasury Wine Estates to answer complex “what-if” questions related to sales territory mapping, resource distribution, logistical journey plans, call frequency and service level agreements, as well as optimise for various KPIs and objectives.
“Complexica will allow Treasury Wine Estates to modernise its process of conducting customer service related analysis, to a software application that can answer complex questions and optimise for various KPIs at the press of a button,” said Justin Pipito, CFO – ANZ at Treasury Wine Estates. “We have found that answering complex ‘what-if’ questions is a challenging and time-consuming endeavour, and we believe Complexica’s What-if Simulator & Optimiser can provide us with a platform for scenario analysis that will improve our decision-making in the future.”
“We are pleased to welcome one of the world’s large wine companies as a customer of Complexica, said Dr. Zbigniew Michalewicz, chief scientist of Complexica. “And look forward to working with the team at Treasury Wine Estates to address some of their analytical, ‘what-if’ and optimisation challenges.”
Complexica’s What-if Simulator & Optimiser provides decision support for complex “what-if” questions by analysing large internal and external datasets to generate probabilistic predictions and optimised outcomes. Powered by Larry, the Digital Analyst, Complexica’s What-if Simulator & Optimiser can:
- Optimise sales territories across the dimensions of size, roles and geography
- Optimise journey plans to maximise selling time and number of calls made
- Optimise sales activities to ensure the right staff are assigned to the right activities at the right time
- Segment customers by opportunity value rather than historical sales
- Model market conditions to develop an optimal response for various scenarios
- Model sales & marketing investments to understand their effectiveness and impact
- Answer complex what-if questions that involve many variables and “moving parts”
- Investigate a variety of assumptions and hypothesis that are difficult to test in the real-world
Complexica said it was also recently named a finalist for the 2018 CRN Impact Awards for its Artifical Intelligence software. Treasury Wine Estates portfolio includes Beringer, Penfolds, Wolf Blass and other wine brands. It also owns 14,000 hectares of vineyards, 70+ wine brands and over 3,400 global employees.