Aldi customers pick the best products of 2020
Australians have chosen the Essential Health Paw Paw Ointment as the most-loved product at Aldi’s People’s Picks awards for 2020.
The supermarket giant said it was not surprised with the popular choice of the ointment since it can be used for multiple purposes from soothing chapped lips to dry and inflamed skin and is inexpensive.
The discount grocer said the selection of products this year was influenced by changing household activities during a time when people were forced to stay at home amid the Covid-19 outbreak. Aldi said it received more than 300,000 votes.
The other products in the Top 10 are:
- The Life of the Party: Emporium Selection Brie or Camembert Cheese 200g.
- The BBQ Boss: The Fishmonger Fresh Salmon Fillet 4pk.
- The Couch Companion: Monarc Utopia Mini Variety Pack 12 pk 600 ml,
- The MVP: Beautifully Butterfully Salted Butter 250g.
- The Time Lord: Bakers Life Mini Wholegrain Wraps 8pk.
- The Health Guru: Forresters Natural Almonds 750g.
- The Early Bird: Bakers Life Croissants.
- The Cleaning Whizz: Di San Oxy Action PreWash Stain Remover 500ml.
- The Lunchbox Legend: Blackstone Vegetable Straws 110g.
The People’s Picks awards also acknowledged the work of Aldi’s business partners and reflects the grocer’s commitment to sourcing quality Australian-made products. The discount grocer said eight of the 10 winning products are local.
“We work closely with local growers, producers and partners every day to create and supply products that deliver on taste, quality and value,” said Aldi’s shopping expert, Nicole Higgins.
“Once a product is on the shelf, we are certain that it is of the highest quality, for a fraction of the price. The People’s Picks is our way of saying ‘you don’t have to take our word for it!’.”
Higgins said this year’s picks are items that should be on everyone’s shopping list. “We love seeing our customers share their rave reviews after a trip to Aldi and we can’t wait to hear what Aussies think about this year’s list.”
Shoppers will know which products made it to the top 10 thanks to the blue People’s Picks icon placed next to the winning products in the supermarket shelves.