With an ethos to cover every element of the COO remit, Pollen has added a Retail Supply Chain service to its portfolio of capabilities.
The service specialises in supply chain transformation in the retail space, including global supply chain, logistics, warehousing, demand planning, IT, omni-channel and operations. Pollen will support retail businesses by developing strategies and optimisation initiatives that transform key areas across their end-to-end value chain enabling them to grow while becoming more efficient.
Pollen Consulting Group CEO Paul Eastwood states: “Our clients partner with us to provide them with incremental horsepower, industry insights, expertise and intellect when required to solve their biggest issues: whether they need to develop to support growth, they may have an opportunity but are being held back by current operations or even finding a challenge and need to review and rationalise a business to adapt.”
The Retail division is headed by director Alex Linton who partnered with Pollen in March 2020 as head of transformation whilst developing the Retail offering. Alex has over 20 years senior leadership experience across retail supply chains and business transformations as well as managing logistics and procurement. Starting his career at Asda Supermarkets in the UK, his last role was responsible for the companies global logistics function supporting food, general merchandise, apparel and liquor divisions.
Alex has a track record of delivering end to end supply chain value, working with a number of Australian retail brands to create and deliver strategies that step change business capability. Formerly the GM of logistics and procurement at Specialty Fashion Group, Alex was the driver behind a collaboration with Toll which delivered one of the largest purpose-built e-commerce fulfilment centres in the Southern Hemisphere. Just before joining Pollen, Alex continued his passion for supporting business and improving supply chains as a freelance supply chain consultant.
Alex states: “We have real extensive experience working in retail supply chain. We work in partnership with people in the businesses that engage us to develop new strategies and optimisation initiatives to transform key business areas across the end to end value chain.”
He continues: “Pollen has a proven track record of creating deep, effective client relationships and supporting teams to consistently execute effective business change. We form genuine partnerships and work operationally ‘hand in hand’ with our clients to deliver the practical outcomes that we identify.”
Key skills offered in the Retail space include Supply Chain Transformation, Operating Model Redesign, Program Management, Process Mapping, Negotiation and Contract Management – this taps into Pollens other service offerings where expert advice and implementation is needed.
The Retail service offers a unique approach through a combination of big picture requirements teamed with solution execution through operations, specialising in the following areas:
- Supply Chain Strategy – conducting a holistic review of the entire supply chain to ensure that solutions delivered support the genuine business requirement
- E-commerce & Omni Channel fulfilment – first-hand industry leading experience in fulfilling high volume retail environments
- International Supply Chain – Developing solutions for Australian retailers expanding overseas and supporting businesses being established in new markets
- Import Supply Chain – import supply chain optimisation. Developing end to end solutions that optimise offshore operations and improve domestic outcome
- Project Execution – working hand and hand with clients to deliver identified initiatives.
- Cost Savings / Business Efficiency –Delivering value for clients, whether supporting business growth or creating efficiencies that remove waste and reduce cost
- Improved customer proposition – Looking through a customer lens to generate innovative solutions that enhance their customer experience
- 3PL Procurement, Strategies, Contracts & Tender Support – Providing support in supplier strategy, tenders support and contract management to get the best value possible from suppliers
- Reverse logistics – Developing processes that optimises reverse logistics and reduce margin erosion particularly within the e-commerce sector
- Speed to Market Solutions – Either supporting retailers in delivering against the ‘want it now culture’ that e-commerce has driven or quick return of capital to support cash flow
To learn more about Retail Supply Chain contact Alex Linton
Pollen Consulting http://pollenconsultinggroup.com/