Now in its fourth year, the Roy Morgan Research Awards are an important and widely recognised measure of consumer and business satisfaction.
There are 15 retail categories in the awards representing fields as diverse as fashion, auto parts, shoes, books, supermarkets, and service stations.
Aldi Australia was named Supermarket of the Year 2014 for the third time, while Guardian Pharmacy was awarded Pharmacy of the Year 2014 for the third consecutive year.
Michele Levine, CEO of Roy Morgan Research, said its inception four years ago, the Roy Morgan Research Customer Satisfaction Awards have earned a reputation as the most accurate and reliable measure of customer satisfaction in the country.
“By aggregating 12 months’ worth of responses to our Consumer Single Source and Business Single Source surveys, Roy Morgan is able to identify and celebrate those businesses — large and small — that have outperformed their competitors in customer satisfaction,” Levine said.
“Congratulations to this year’s winners, whose continued commitment to satisfying their customers is setting industry standards and being recognised not only by consumers but by businesses around Australia.”
Oliver Bongardt, Aldi MD buying, said winning the award was a testament to Aldi’s values and commitment to deliver Australians the best possible supermarket experience.
“As we enter our 15th year, we haven’t lost sight of that focus. We strive for quality throughout our business; in our people, our products, our processes and our stores. We will continue to listen to our customers, look for ways to improve, and bring new innovation to the marketplace,” Bongardt said.
Gary Dunne, Sigma COO said, “Sigma and our Guardian members have put significant effort into ensuring we consistently deliver the health programs, products and services our customers want, and that we take the time to care and interact with customers and help provide healthcare solutions. This has again resulted in Guardian scoring consistently high in customer satisfaction ratings across the year”.
Complete list of retail winners:
- Auto Store of the Year – Autobarn
- Chemist/Pharmacy of the Year – Guardian
- Clothing Store of the Year – Suzanne Grae
- Coffee Shop of the Year- Michel’s Patisserie
- Department Store of the Year – David Jones
- Discount Department Store of the Year – Target
- Discount Variety Store of the Year – The Reject Shop
- Furniture/Electrical Store of the Year – The Good Guys
- Hardware Store of the Year – True Value Hardware
- Music/Book Store of the Year – Dymocks
- Quick Service Restaurant of the Year – Crust Pizza
- Service Station of the Year – Gull
- Shoe Store of the Year – Betts/Betts Kids
- Sports Store of the Year – Sports Power
- Supermarket of the Year – Aldi