Using original and independent research conducted across the retail ecosystem, including brands, distributors, retailers, and logistics companies, Paula delved into the status and plans of Australian companies over the next 12 months, and made recommendations for improving omnichannel effectiveness.
Key Australian data points include that:
- 76 per cent of retailers are confident that mobile sales will increase significantly in the next 36 months, and 82 per cent believe that these sales will be multiplied if supply chain visibility is achieved
- 41 per cent have committed business intelligence projects, to come online before year end
- 82 per cent want innovative delivery options (same-day, store-to-door, returns) online this year
- 47 per cent want to have a greater range of attributes available in the next 12 months
- However, just under half retailers have visibility into their supplier warehouse, and just over half have visibility to store
- Just 7 per cent of Australian companies believe that they live ‘advanced’ omnichannel.
Download the report for key recommendations and discover more. A complimentary copy of Retail Insights report, Australia 2016 is available for download from SPS Commerce. SPS Commerce Australia commissioned this report.