Free Subscription

  • Access daily briefings and unlimited news articles


Only $39.95 per year
  • Quarterly magazine and digital
  • Indepth executive interviews
  • Unlimited news and insights
  • Expert opinion and analysis

Poll: Should third party platforms need a license to deliver alcohol?

Drinking problem alcoholism during coronavirus isolation quarantine time concept. Hand holding glass with alcohol drink. face mask on background.

Alcohol has never been so readily available. Most liquor retailers now offer their range online, with some delivering through third party platforms.

Julie Ryan CEO Retail Drinks Australia told Inside FMCG that when it comes to bricks and mortar stores, a licence is required to sell liquor and all team members doing so require an RSA.

However a licence that deals with online sales only does not require all team members to be RSA trained as they are not all present at the time of sale. When it comes to third party delivery companies, such as Uber Eats, they are not required to hold a license at all.

Today, we’re asking is there enough measures at third party delivery platforms to ensure alcohol doesn’t fall into the hands of minors?

[yop_poll id=”59″]

You have 3 free articles.