Lactalis Australia is recalling eight milk products from supermarket shelves over potential contamination with a cleaning solution that is used to clean factory equipment.
The dairy company recalled the one-litre Coles, Pauls, REV and PhysiCAL branded milk on Thursday, saying they may contain “an amount of food grade dairy cleaning solution”.
The products are available for sale in Coles, Woolworths, IGA and other retailers. The bad batch has best before dates from June 25 to June 28 and the milk may have yellow colouring and/or a chemical taste.
Coles issued a statement advising that the recall includes “three Coles Brand 1 litre fresh milk products and five proprietary brands sold in our Supermarkets, Coles Online and at Coles Express in Victoria and parts of southern NSW”.
The affected milk at Coles are sold in Coles Supermarkets and Coles Local in Victoria; Coles supermarkets in Lavington, Deniliquin and Albury in New South Wales and sold in Coles Online delivering in the same locations.
“We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience,” Coles said.
• Coles Brand 1L Fresh White Skim Milk USE BY 25 JUN 2019
• Coles Brand 1L Fresh White Lite (Low Fat) Milk USE BY 25 AND 26 JUN 2019
• Coles Brand 1L Fresh White Full Cream Milk USE BY 25 AND 26 JUN 2019
• Pauls Smarter White 2% Fat Milk 1L USE BY 25, 26 AND 27 JUN 2019
• Physical Skim Milk 1L USE BY 27 JUN 2019
• Rev Low Fat Milk 1L USE BY 28 JUN 2019
• Paul’s Full Cream Milk 1L USE BY 26, 27 AND 28 JUN 2019
• Physical Low Fat Milk 1L 26 JUN 2019
Consumers with affected products can return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.