SPAR Australia announced the 2016 Supplier Awards winners last Friday. They recognised the support of key suppliers across various categories and presented the coveted SPAR Supplier of the Year Awards.
Mondelez Confectionery achieved a standout 2016, narrowly edging out other great performing suppliers in each of the award’s criteria.
After a couple of less than satisfactory years, Mondelez Confectionery turned it around in 2016 with terrific growth of 18 per cent over the previous year.
The change in performance was largely because of a change in account management and a renewed focus on the SPAR business. The major improvements over the previous year included the alignment of supply chain processes to improve service levels; advance notice and therefore well executed new product launches; a new retailer incentive and front of store promotional program; better field team support; increased promotional activity support and a well-executed trade show.
Coca-Cola Amatil also bagged a big award and were named the 2016 Grocery Supplier Of The Year.
The awards were presented by SPAR Australia’s managing director, Lou Jardin and SPAR Australia’s national merchandise manager, Colin Dwyer. The event hosted was by Australian Olympic Gold Medallist, Duncan Armstrong.
SPAR Australia said the suppliers assisted in the organisation’s growth and continued development.
SPAR Australia’s managing director, Lou Jardin, spoke about the critical role SPAR’s Suppliers play in the success of the business. From supporting SPAR’s merchandise team in category reviews and consolidating the range, to promotional support. Jardin shared SPAR’s five key strategies – presenting a value statement, implementing a focused range, clearing the clutter, merchandising for sales and keeping it clean and fresh.
Niels Dekkers, international marketing & strategic projects manager for SPAR International from Amsterdam shared some of SPAR’s key international growth, sales and store figures, as well as international innovations and expansions.
2016 Supplier Awards Winners
• 2016 Supplier Of The Year – Mondelez Confectionery
• 2016 Grocery Supplier Of The Year – Coca-Cola Amatil
• 2016 Non-Food Supplier Of The Year – McPherson’s Consumer Products
• 2016 Perishable Supplier Of The Year – Grove Juice
• 2016 Promotional Support Of The Year – Don KRC
• 2016 Private Label Supplier Of The Year – Grove Juice
• 2016 Direct Supplier Of The Year – Independent Produce Professionals
• 2016 New Product Launch Of The Year – Cadbury Oreo Chocolate
• 2016 Account Manager Of The Year – Tony Wyber Asaleo Care