Australia’s online food delivery service, Menulog has announced yesterday it will uncover restaurants capitalising on the growing opportunity to deliver gluten free food to Aussies, in line with Coeliac Awareness Week from 13 – 20 March.
The online food delivery service said in a statement it has 9,300+ restaurants in Australia wherein more than 1,000 across the platform offers gluten free options, with an average of 8 choices from each restaurant. The top three dishes are Pad Thai, Green Curry and Panang Curry, with Thai, Pizzas and Burgers ranking as the most popular cuisines for celiacs across the network.
“We’re continuing to see a huge growth in the demand for gluten free foods across the nation, but also in the supply from our restaurant partners. Eateries are adapting their menus to feed this growing demand and are seeing great benefits from this change too!” said Menulog’s commercial director, Rory Murphy.
The food delivery app’s data also revealed where the most popular gluten free suburbs are across the nation. Sydney’s Pyrmont took the lead, with a staggering 68% of orders including celiac-friendly meals, while Newport and Randwick in Sydney and Yarraville in Victoria are not far behind.
Among Menulog’s thousands of restaurant partners offering gluten-free options, Australia’s top ten favourite include:
- Loving Hut – Northcote, VIC
- Knoxfield Thai Restaurant – Knoxfield, VIC
- Chilli Jam Thai – Concord, NSW
- Luck Thai – South Yarra, VIC
- Oriental Healthy- Redfern, NSW
- Chutney Marys Indian – Subiaco, WA
- Enoggera Lotus Room Chinese Restaurant – Alderley , QLD
- Manoosh Pizzeria – Enmore & Marrickville, NSW
- Society Pizzeria Di Catania – Bondi, NSW
- The Colonial – Darlinghurst, NSW