Sanitarium bagged the Woolworths’ Supplier of the Year award this week, recognised for its rapid response during Covid-19.
“Sanitarium shares our ambition to support the wellbeing of the communities we serve, continuing to develop new healthier options across the grocery aisles,” said Woolworths director of buying Paul Harker.
“Sanitarium’s dedication to customers also drove its rapid response in the early stages of the pandemic. Its teams quickly consolidated production and pack sizes to keep up with demand and ensure products made it to our shelves as quickly as possible,” he said.
Meat company Rivalea Australia was named Sustainability Supplier of the Year for advocating animal welfare and reducing its carbon footprint. The company, a partner of Woolies for the last 30 years, produces high-quality pork from New South Wales and Victoria. The meat processor has a methane capture program converting it to electricity that powers its farm and factory.
“As Woolworths works to create a better tomorrow through its own wide-ranging sustainability initiatives, the efforts of suppliers like Rivalea can make a meaningful difference to communities, animals and the
environment throughout the broader supply chain,” Harker said.
Underwear company Hanes was awarded New Product of the Year for its Bonds Bloody Comfy Undies period underwear. Since its launch in July, the Bloody Comfy Undies helped reduce the stigma surrounding menstruation.
“Thank you, to our thousands of suppliers who have stood shoulder to shoulder with us in putting customers first, rapidly increasing production, pivoting to the projects that mattered most and thinking creatively to solve complex logistical challenges,” added Harper in a statement.
The Woolworths Supplier of the Year Awards winners
● Overall Supplier of the Year: Sanitarium
● Sustainability Supplier of the Year: Rivalea Australia
● New Product Launch of the Year: Bonds Bloody Comfy Undies – Hanes
● Supply Partner of the Year: Henkel
● FoodCo Supplier of the Year: Ontex Manufacturing
● Protein Supplier of the Year: Princess Pastoral Co
● Fruit & Veg Supplier of the Year: Gibb Brothers
● Chilled, Bakery & Deli Supplier of the Year: D’Orsogna (Deli)
● Longlife Grocery Supplier of the Year (Large):Sanitarium
● Longlife Grocery Supplier of the Year (Small – Medium): Freudenberg
● Account Manager of the Year: Julia Clarke – Chobani
● ISP of the Year: Cameron dela Cruz – ABC