Aussies who are fans of the Marvel Super Heroes can collect them from April 19 to May 30 when they shop at the supermarket.
“Collectibles is a favourite with our customers and this time, in partnership with Disney, we’ve created a range that can inspire, engage and educate all members of the family,” said Andrew Hicks, Woolworths director of marketing.
“The Marvel Heroes Super Discs collection will also be enhanced by a dedicated app that unlocks a wealth of additional content and allows kids to create their very own Marvel universe. It also means fans young and old can carry their collection with them at all times, whatever mission they might be on.”
There are 42 discs, including seven rare discs, wherein the program offers fans the chance to build, swap and play with some of their favourite Marvel characters. Including Spider-Man, Ant Man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man and the Avengers. The discs can also be connected by curious minds to build creations from the Marvel universe, like Thor’s hammer or Captain America’s shield.
Woolworths has also launched an app that allows fans to create a virtual collection by scanning in their Super Discs. It unlocks exclusive content and features a ‘connect and build’ function so users can imagine their very own Marvel creations. The app also features an ‘Eat Like a Super Hero’ section, which provides food and recipe inspiration to help fuel little heroes.
Customers can collect one Marvel Heroes Super Disc free with every $20 spent in stores or online. The discs can be kept together by using the collector’s case ($5), a tin ($7), combination key ring and lanyard holder ($5). Bonus discs are also available with the purchase of select participating products.
There are 42 Marvel Super Heroes Discs across seven teams in total:
- Spider-Man – including Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Kid-Arachnid, Black Suit, Spider Gwen and Doctor Octopus
- Ant-Man – including Ant-Man, Wasp, Giant-Man, A.I.M, Yellow Jacket and Ultron
- Thor – including Thor, Valkyrie, Loki, Volstagg, Sif and Heimdall
- Captain America – including Captain America, Falcon, Black Widow, Black Panther, Red Skull and Winter Soldier
- Guardians of the Galaxy – including Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Groot, Gamora and Thanos
- Iron Man – including Iron Man, War Machine, Rescue, Nick Fury, Whiplash and Hulkbuster
- Avengers – including Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow, Vision, Captain America and Hawkeye